Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Some People Never Change

You say that "some people never change", and I know you're talking about me, and the blog that I wrote early this morning while I couldn't sleep. Now, I ask you, what is the big deal that I do not believe in the same "God" as you? What is the big deal that I am not of Christian faith? I do not critisize you, or anybody else for their beliefs, in fact, I do have my own beliefs, but they are beliefs that can not be found on a shelf in a bookstore. My beliefs can be found in my heart, and on this blog, or in the notebooks that I keep so secret from all but a few.

As I said in my previous blog, everything that "God" created on that first day, you created in me on the first day we met. Your God is as much your savior, as you was mine. They say that God made man in an image of himself, which means that anybody in this world could be a God...you were my savior, and I believe in you. Does that make me wrong because I do not worship somebody out of a book, I instead believe in the healing powers of those closest to us. When I was sick, you made me feel better; when I was sad, you made the pain go away; when I cried, you were there to wipe the tears away, I don't have to be a Christian to believe that I have been saved...I was saved from myself...by you.

As I said, I believe, that I was saved from myself, by you...now, you believe in God...so you may believe that you were sent there to save me, and that is fine because it is what you believe...without some sort of belief, what else do we have? Without some sort of faith, love, and hope, what do we have? I have faith in our love...and I hope that one day that love that I know we both have for each other will blossom into the future that I know we can make great together, as a family.

I know that it takes time to heal, as I have been hurt in the past just as you have. However, we need to help the healing process along, if we baby the hurt, it will only slow the process. I'm not saying to stand up, and walk right away, I'm saying get the strength back before you stand up and try. It's all about starting again at the beginning, mend the friendship, before the relationship.

I have made mistakes, as have you, but my love, and belief in your love has made me forgive all of yours. Now, I am asking you for the forgiveness that your beliefs say that you should give in return. Take your time, mend yourself, as I am trying to do, at the same time mend our broken friendship...and hope for a brighter relationship someday down the road...



"Mamma lives by the Bible,
The Bible lives by the bed.
An' she's lied alone so many nights,
With scriptures in her head.
Prayin': "Good Lord, just be with him,
I know his Faith is tired,
But he's an angel with no halo,
An' one wing in the fire."

An' I know he lives a little left of livin' right,
An he's come close to goin' way to far a few times.
But I'd trade a thousand prayers if just one prayer would come true:
Lord, please believe in him, like I believe in you."

Trent Tomlinson "One Wing in the Fire"



No comments:

Post a Comment